Equine Short & Advanced Courses
Welcome to our Equine Short & Advanced courses, designed with the horse owner in mind, although you don't have to own a horse to study with us. Equine Short courses are a great starting point for those wishing to study from home in a flexible way and take control of their study time and submission date. All these courses end when you submit your course assignment so you can take as long as you wish to complete them.
The courses are provided as downloadable PDF files that you can download onto any device to study from. We can also provide a paper-based copy for an additional fee if required.
Our Advanced courses are more in-depth and are for those looking to further develop their knowledge and expertise. By their nature, these will require more time and dedication, but again, retain open submission dates.
- DIPLOMA IN STABLE DESIGN & YARD MANAGEMENTThis course complements 'Care of the Stable Kept Horse and Pony' focusing on stable design and how this affects the horse. Course Fee £55Add to BasketMore Info
- DIPLOMA IN PREPARING YOUR HORSE FOR COMPETITIONThis course is ideal for the horse owner who is planning to embark on competing and wants to know how to prepare their horse for competition. Course Fee £65Add to BasketMore Info
- DIPLOMA IN PASTURE MANAGEMENTThis is an essential course for anyone who turns out their horses or ponies and needs to understand how to get the most from their pastureland. Course Fee £55Add to BasketMore Info
- DIPLOMA IN NUTRITION AND FEEDING OF HORSESThis course is essential reading for anyone responsible for preparing diets and feeding horses. Course Fee £65Add to BasketMore Info
- DIPLOMA IN KEEPING HORSES & PONIES AT GRASSThis is an ideal course for anyone new to caring for horses or ponies. It covers the care, feeding and management of a grass kept horse and how to deal with common ailments. Course Fee £55Add to BasketMore Info
- DIPLOMA IN HORSE INSTINCTS & BEHAVIOURThis course is essential reading for anyone caring for or working with horses who wants to understand why they behave in a certain way and what it means. Course Fee £65Add to BasketMore Info
- DIPLOMA IN EQUITATION FOR THE HORSE OWNERSchooling and training your horse from home can be difficult. This course provides guidance, ideas and tips to get more from your schooling. Course Fee £65Add to BasketMore Info
- DIPLOMA IN CARE OF THE STABLED HORSE & PONYThis course is ideal for the horse owner wanting to learn more about how to care for their horse or anyone studying for British Horse Society Stage 1 or 2 examinations. Course Fee £55Add to BasketMore Info
- DIPLOMA IN HORSE HEALTHThis course explores common methods used to maintain the health of your horse and ways to minimise the risk of illness and disease, essential reading for the horse owner or anyone caring for horses. Course Fee £65Add to BasketMore Info
- ADVANCED DIPLOMA IN THE SYSTEMS OF THE HORSEThis course is designed for horse owners who want to understand more about how the systems of the horse function and how these affect how we care for our horses. Course Fee £115Add to BasketMore Info
- ADVANCED DIPLOMA IN HOLISTIC HORSE CAREThis course explains the use of a wide range of alternative therapies and treatments that can be used to support your horse. Course Fee £115Add to BasketMore Info
- ADVANCED DIPLOMA IN EQUINE REHABILITATION & THERAPYThis course provides valuable information on the cause and impact of performance related injuries, diagnosis techniques, therapies and treatments. Course Fee £115Add to BasketMore Info
- ADVANCED DIPLOMA IN CONFORMATION & ACTIONThis course provides details of how the conformation of a horse influences their way of going, predisposition to particular disciplines & potential ailments. Course Fee £115Add to BasketMore Info
- Additional fee for Paperbased Study PacksPlease ensure you add this option to your basket if you wish your course materials to be printed. This fee is per course. Course Fee £15Add to BasketMore Info