Becoming a student
High Quality Provision.
- We provide every student with high quality, up-to-date, fully
illustrated learning materials that are produced by experienced professionals
and employers within the equine industry.
All the information you require to study and complete the course
assignments is provided in comprehensive, illustrated work packs.
- Every assignment you produce is marked by experienced qualified equine tutors and returned within 4 weeks with detailed written feedback from the tutor.
- The assignments are checked by an internal assessor and a BTEC external verifier also makes regular visits to our centre to sample the assessments, checking for the quality of the feedback we provide. This ensures you receive the highest standard of assessment and feedback and can progress with confidence through the programme.
- The course work pack - these are equivalent to the notes and handouts you would receive if attending lectures. They are written in a clear manner and include summary sections, self-assessment questions, diagrams, pictures and illustrations. This can also be provided in printed format if preferred.
- A study guide - this is packed with invaluable techniques to
assist you in getting the most from your study time and how to complete your final course assignment.
- A study questionnaire - to enable you to provide feedback on your experience of studying your course.
- Final course assignment - providing detailed information about what is required for this assignment, where you can find the information, how you can relate the theory you have studied to your answer and how they are marked.
- Access to the Student Learning Portal - allowing you to
access additional study materials, contact other students and our tutors.
- Certification - upon successful completion of your chosen course you will be awarded either a graded Horses & Courses Diploma or BTEC Certificate depending on the course achieved.
If you would like to enrol or find out more about our home study courses these are detailed under the COURSES tab or you can use this link; http://www.horsesandcourses.co.uk/courses.asp. You can order any Equine Owners course online, the BTEC courses do require us to speak to you before you can enrol.
Once you have paid for your Equine Owners course you will receive a confirmation e-mail. When this information has been received in the office we will send you another e-mail that details how to download your course. This usually takes 24 - 48 hrs.
If you have ordered a paper version of the course this will take 2 to 3 days send out.